Dizzy Dean once said, "It ain't bragging if you can do it." So forgive a moment of self-congratulation, but after TEN years of not being in the Conference business, I can't tell you how excited I was about the results of AIIM2012. Thanks so much to my staff, to our attendees and to our sponsors. (Note - Picture shows our lucky 5 Willy Wonka Golden Ticket winners, all of whom get free tickets to AIIM13.)
Some of my favorite tweets from the event say it all -- If you want a flavor for the incredible energy at the event, browse through the hashtag -- #aiim12
- @chavak: I've enjoyed 2 weeks of conferences... And I found #aiim12 cooler than #SXSWi
- @artika4biz: a long travel fom Italy just to attend #aiim12. I did it and I will do the same for #aiim13.Great conference for information professionals
- @theskinsmom What an awesome, incredible, and informative #aiim12. Cross my fingers that I can make #aiim13
- @rwang0 Thanks for a great and energetic conference
- @dantion This has been a remarkable event
- @graeff My head is full of all things #ECM, #social, #cloud and#mobile. The #aiim12 fire hose shuts down in one hour. Great conference! !
- @balasubv2000: Great AIIM 2012 #aiim12 conference!! Excellent topics, great speakers, best event management!!!
I can honestly say that in 30+ years of going to and organizing events, the keynote lineup at #AIIM12 was THE most impressive I have ever experienced. I've listed a few resources/comments below for those who were not there (we were sold out, BTW). And for those who were shut-out by the sell-out, we'll be doing a "Best Of AIIM12" web conference on June 7 -- Details are HERE -- we haven't really started talking about it yet, so register NOW before this one fills up, too.
So here's my baker's dozen plus 2 of snippets related to the Conference that may be of interest - If you were there, feel free to post a comment...
- First off, here's keynote on employee and customer engagement -- (SlideShare version and Voice-annotated) -- feel free to spread the links around.
- Real life elevator pitches (interviews by Bryant Duhon with keynoters and attendees -- in an elevator)
- Here's a piece by Lubor Ptacek from OpenText -- The Future of Content Management -- "The conference was a smashing success for AIIM, selling out weeks in advance and attracting the who-is-who in the content management industry."
- Good Ron Miller piece on Big Data in Fierce Content Management -- There's an awful lot of data in the enterprise - Per keynoter Clay Shirky - "...the important thing to take away here is that this new technique of using aggregates of data, is an improvement without being perfection and all of this takes a cultural shift of the part of a company to implement. As companies begin to embrace this new kind of data analysis in the coming years, they will be wise to keep that in front of mind because it's still going to take some fairly smart humans to figure out how to keep from getting lost in the data forest while looking for the best trees." And a video interview HERE.
- And another good one by Ron Miller on generational adoption of social technologies, this one in Internet Evolution -- Clay Shirky Debunks Social Marketing Fallacy
- And yet another by Ron -- you were busy! -- in Real User Monitoring Blog on some thoughts by keynoter Ray Wang (awesome presentation, BTW) on Why Can’t IT and Business Just Get Along? -- "There needs to be balance between IT and business requirements in an organization, otherwise the business will not be well served." And also, The Five Forces Driving the Consumerization of IT.
- Ray Wang's flickr stream from the Conference.
- GREAT posts in Collaborative Planning and Social Business on the Dion Hinchcliffe keynote and the Clay Shirky keynote and the Ted Schadler keynote.
- Steve Weissman on AIIM 2012, A Corner Turned. "Two days into the AIIM Conference 2012 (plus another for Chapter Leadership), it’s becoming clear that our association is turning a corner. No longer bounded by the decades-old delimiter known as content management, nor the decades-long delimiter known as imaging that preceded it, it is finally and fully embracing philosophies that my followers and I have used as touchstones for quite a long time: content is content, content isn’t functionally any different than data, and managing information of all kinds is a best-practice, not a technology."
- Dan O'Leary's presentation on mobile capture.
- Jeff Shuey -- The AIIM Conference is a Hit!
- Supercool IBM Photo Booth. See page 2 for Harvey Spencer and me.
- AIIM Conference and Awards photostream is HERE.
And an interview with me by Document Media...
Direct link HERE.
And last but certainly not least,
David Pogue song at AIIM (thanks to Ron Miller).