I put a few thoughts on the findings together in the attached video. I think it will give you an idea of the richness in the full Industry Watch report.
In addition, I would also like to highlight a post by Deb LaVoy from OpenText on a related topic.
The post is 2013 Prediction: Social Business Tech will Stop Blaming Culture for Failure and highlights 5 key developments we'll see in 2013. It's well worth reading. My favorite quote? "In 2013, Technology will peek out from behind Aunty Culture’s skirts and lead." Here are the 5 developments to watch:
- A language and a better feature set for “collaboration.”
- Shifting from enabling “Social” to enabling “Complexity”
- Social objects will grow to include teams, projects and processes
- Measures of employee engagement will pivot toward measuring cognitive and emotional attachment to core business objectives
- A rigorous understanding of how information flows